Read our latest general updates
Important visitor information for Residential Aged Care
The following guidelines are in place:
Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT)
- All staff, contractors, agency staff, NDIS providers and volunteers should undertake a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) every 72 hours.
- All visitors must also undertake a Rapid Antigen Test every 72 hours.
- It is also recommended that children participate in regular Rapid Antigen Testing if they are able.
- Please note, if you do test positive for Covid-19 please stay away from the home until 7 days post infection (or until symptoms are completely resolved, whichever is longer) to prevent spreading Covid-19 in our homes.
- We will have stocks of RATs available to you at our homes if you do not have access to any.
- Masks are voluntary for all staff, contractors, agency staff and visitors, effective 1 March 2023.
- There is no limit to the number of visitors to a resident – either at a time or on any given day. Visiting hours in residential aged care are 9am – 6pm, 7 days per week with the site also able to make exceptions for people who need to visit after hours.
- Consider enjoying your visit in our garden areas or outside areas if the weather is nice.
- We ask of course that if you are unwell, you continue to stay away. If you do test positive to Covid-19 we ask that you do not enter a residential aged care home for a period of a full 7 days and not to return until all your symptoms have been resolved for at least 24 hours.
- Zipline sign in remains in place for all staff, visitors, contractors, volunteers and agency staff.
- Swipe cards are available for families to use at our main entrance, please phone your site if you would like one or your old card reactivated.
During an outbreak
- During an outbreak we will put in place increased PPE for all staff, visitors, contractors, agency staff and volunteers.
- Visitors will be restricted to two visitors per resident per day. If the house is a red zone, only trained Partners in Care will be able to visit. If you would like more information about becoming a Partner in Care please visit: Partner in Care | Brightwater (brightwatergroup.com)
- The site may also restrict visiting hours during an outbreak – this will be determined by the site and communicated to residents and families at the time.
Visitors to Residential Aged Care homes can book through Zipline: https://brightwater.zipline.app/welcome