A rewarding way to spend your day
A wise man once said that the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Whether it’s getting out and about with the residents, wowing your audience with the guitar, a complimentary yoga class, or just good, honest companionship, each and every one of our volunteers make a difference.
Giving is receiving
Apart from making our aged care and disability clients smile, our volunteers are rewarded in so many other ways. As a Brightwater volunteer, you will:
- Improve wellbeing, especially for those at risk of social isolation
- Develop your skills, gain experience and explore new opportunities
- Meet people from all walks of life, from younger people with a brain injury to older people living with dementia
- Be recognised during National Volunteer Week and International Volunteer Day
With volunteering opportunities from Mandurah to Joondalup, we welcome people of all ages and backgrounds.
Volunteer activities include:
- Social engagement including 1:1 visits, bingo, music, arts and crafts, pet visits, wii bowling, hairdressing, men's group and pamper days
- Reading and chatting with clients
- Recreational activities like board games and card games
- Indoor social games like balloon tennis and carpet bowls
- Entertainment and performing arts
- iPad and IT learning
- Religious, spiritual and cultural support