About the Project
This new world class campus, is being purpose-built to the highest standards, to support people with Huntington’s disease and provide accommodation for 21 clients over 7 homes. Each home will be certified as a Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) designed for people with extreme functional impairment or very high needs. The residential campus will include 21 bedrooms and ensuites over seven houses with specialist assistive equipment and leading edge technology. Importantly, it will also include a sensory garden with zones for living, relaxing, engaging and socialising.
Please note images are artist's impressions only.If you would like to support the project, click here.
At Piara Waters, Brightwater will be providing:
Specialist Disability Accommodation
- Private rooms with ensuite.
- Built in cabinetry with storage.
- Personal TV in every room.
- A community feel, sharing services and communal living spaces between neighbours.
- Beautiful shaded outdoor areas for community activities.
- Accessibility enabled, with rooms prepared for hoist installation if required.
- A layout which provides privacy and light touch support from staff.
- A balance between open, social community spaces and private areas.
- Exclusive Huntington’s Disease gated community, with security features at key entry points.
- Plenty of parking for friends and family.
Supported Independent Living
- Staff ratio aimed at 3 – 6 people during the day.
- Expert team delivering 24/7 care over the course of disease progression.
- Staff experienced with the behavioural and physical aspects of Huntington’s Disease.
- Support to establish structure and routine to assist during early disease progression.
- Daily self-care and management.
- Oversight of severe dysphagia, wound care, PEG (tube feeding), and high intensity supports.
- A collaborative approach to palliative care.
- Support to reconnect clients with family and their broader community.
- A multi-generational approach to care.
- Meal preparation and laundry are conducted on site, allowing residents to engage with personal care activities.
- A collaborative approach to working with our clients’ circle of supports.
16 January 2024
All structural steel and timber framing for the houses and roofing are now in place at our new Huntington’s Disease campus in Piara Waters, showcasing the stunning curved steel structures.
Internally, plumbing, electrical, and Advanced Care tubing across all houses is complete and curved windows have been installed. Tiling and waterproofing works are nearly finished, with only a few houses remaining.
The site’s overall development is also on track, with the commencement of carpark construction and kerbing. Landscape concrete paths are nearly complete, and over January we will be focusing on finalising the cabinetry, painting, vinyl works, and completing the landscaping.
Check back regularly as we will update this page with the latest news. If you have any questions about the project please don't hesitate to email [email protected]
Thank you to our supporters
We are incredibly grateful to the many individuals and organisations who have generously supported our work.