Specialist Dementia Care Program Perth

The Specialist Dementia Care Program (SDCP) is a new initiative that provides person-centred care for people living with dementia.

As funded by the Australian Government, Brightwater has been chosen to pilot this program given our long history of supporting people with complex needs.

The SDCP provides person-centred support from qualified staff with dementia training.

This program is designed to reduce or stabilise symptoms, allowing people to move back into less intensive care environments.

The environment is designed to promote familiarity, stimulation and independence which is vital to help reduce and stabilise severe symptoms of dementia.

Located at Brightwater The Village, the home offers a warm and welcoming dementia-specific aged care home in Inglewood. 

Download brochure

Who is eligible for the SDCP?

The SDCP has been designed for people exhibiting very severe behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia.

While a mainstream aged care home may not be appropriate, the SDCP will provide personalised, specialist care in a dementia friendly environment within Araluen House at Brightwater The Village.

Eligibility for SDCP is determined by Dementia Support Australia. If you know someone who might benefit from the program, you will need to get their consent for a referral.

To make a referral, please contact Dementia Support Australia on 1800 699 799 or click here to complete an online referral form.

Frequently asked questions

View All FAQ’s
  • How can I organise residential aged care for my elderly parent?

    We're happy to support you in the process of organising care for your elderly parent.

    Simply give us a call on 1300 223 968 and ask to speak to our Welcome Team, who will gather some information about your parent and then explain the next steps to securing a suitable home.

    From a government perspective, your first action is to register with My Aged Care and request an assessment for residential aged care, which is a requirement when seeking aged care services.

    Click here for a quick and easy guide to getting started.

  • What is an ACAT assessment and how can I arrange one?

    This is an assessment carried out by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) when an individual is hoping to access subsidised aged care services.

    An assessment can be arranged through My Aged Care after you have registered for and acquired an Aged Care number.

  • How long is the waiting list to access residential aged care?

    Our waiting lists vary from site to site.

    So that you're ready when a vacancy arises, we will assess your needs, match you to the site which can best support your needs, provide a tour and help you complete the necessary paperwork to secure a position on our waiting list as soon as we can.

  • How do I transfer to Brightwater from another aged care home?

    It is easy to transfer from another aged care provider to Brightwater.

    Typically, your current provider will require a letter in writing giving 7 days notice to leave. Our Welcome Team can then assist you with documentation and support you as you transfer to us.