We are thrilled to announce that Brightwater is the latest recipient of the Woodside Covid-19 Community fund, their generous donation will help to expand our Brightwater Buddies program.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Brightwater developed the Brightwater Buddies program to support residents in aged and disability homes to expand their opportunity for social interaction, in a time when regularly being with family and friends and out and about in the community wasn’t possible.
Our 800 Brightwater Buddy volunteers have been sending letters, drawings and artworks to residents and it has been beautiful to see friendships blossom through the program.
However many in the broader community, and our ‘at home’ clients, still remain isolated and lonely. With Woodside’s generous support, we can now expand our program to reach these people.
With Woodside’s help we will be able to deliver more services to the socially isolated and vulnerable by:
- Encouraging new buddies through a volunteer recruitment program, so that we can keep up with the growing demand
- Promoting the Brightwater Buddies program to General Practitioners who can then refer those at risk to us so we can match them with a buddy
- Creating positive social impact by connecting schools with the program, enabling students to form connections with socially isolated people through sending letters and drawings
- Organising social club activities to help sustain these connections (once it is safe to do so)
- Conducting vital clearance checks ensuring for the privacy and health and safety of all those involved
Thank you Woodside for your support.