Today Premier Mark McGowan announced a three day lockdown in the Perth and Peel area from midnight tonight, with the wearing of masks mandatory from 6pm today.
You can read more in the Premier’s statement here.
This includes no visitors being allowed into aged care or disability care homes, except in end of life circumstances.
I would like to reassure you that we have strict infection prevention and control measures in place and our staff are well prepared for this scenario.
- Surgical masks for all staff for use whilst at work effective immediately, as well as deploying masks for clients should they wish to use them
- Strong infection control measures, including hand hygiene and social distancing where possible
- Restricting staff movement across sites, where possible
- Restricting the use of agency staff, where possible
- Ensuring our staff don’t come to work and are tested for COVID-19 if they are unwell.
Our staff will continue to work hard to keep your loved ones as happy and well as possible at this difficult time. This will include ensuring they are aware of the current situation and also helping to arrange other methods of communication with you as soon as we can.
We will continue to update you as required.
Thank you for your patience and stay safe,
Jennifer Lawrence, CEO