This week is National Carers Week, a time to recognise and celebrate the 2.65 million Australians who provide care and support to a family member or a friend.
Carers can be anybody who looks after a friend or a family member, whether that person is in residential care or at home. A carer provides unpaid care to support someone, such as a person with disability, chronic condition or cognitive impairment.
At Brightwater, we recognise that carers make up an important part of our community, and that’s why we established the Carer Representative Advisory Group, known as CRAG.
CRAG is a group of representatives who advocate for carers, and their loved ones. CRAG gives carers the opportunity to:
- Provide valuable feedback from a carer's perspective.
- Participate in the development of Policy and Procedures within the organisation.
- Provide a platform where the carer's voice can be heard.
- Feel supported by a likeminded community.
- Provide an insight into the more detailed aspects of corporate care provisions.
Brightwater has been partnering with CRAG since 2009, and supports the group to meet every two months, to come together and discuss important aspects of aged and disability care, with representatives from Brightwater present to provide insights and take on feedback.
If you are part of the Brightwater community, and look after a family or friend member in our care, call us on 1300 223 968 or contact CRAG President, Helen Christopher on [email protected] to learn more about the group.