Brightwater is proud to launch its inaugural New Graduate program for Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists.
Brightwater's unique and supportive program will allow new graduates from these fields to engage with clients to help them pursue the dignity of independence, while building the foundations of their new career.
The passionate Allied Health Team is ready to provide personal and professional development; mentoring with clinical experts; and Graduate-led initiatives to ensure the program is a customised experience.
The program will provide bespoke and diverse clinical experience, with supervision, mentorship and peer networking. It will also help new graduates to:
- Build their professional skills and confidence;
- Manage their own caseload and deliver evidence-based assessments and interventions;
- Develop knowledge translation across varied clinical areas; and
- Explore the depth and breadth of their profession within the aged care, disability and Acquired Brain Injury rehabilitation sectors
Brightwater is seeking people who are studying either Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy and are:
- Looking for an authentic, caring, progressive and collaborative team culture;
- A demonstrated team player who is committed to being part of a multidisciplinary team of Allied Health professionals, nurses, therapy assistants, care workers;
- Eligible for registration with AHPRA upon graduation, up to June 2023; and
- Able to work four or five days a week.
As a valued member of the Brightwater 2023 Allied Health New Graduate Program, successful applicants will benefit from a 12 or 24-month program with a permanent, non-rotating position at the end.
After 12 months, they will be invited to choose whether to continue in the program, or step out into a work area in Brightwater that they would like to expand their experience in.
Rotations through Brightwater's diverse clinical areas – community aged care, residential aged care, community disability, acquired brain injury rehabilitation – will also be included.
Applications for the first intake opened in mid-October 2022. To learn more about eligibility requirements and how to apply, visit https://bit.ly/3s7sP0S.
An online Q&A session – and a chance to chat to the Allied Health Team – has also been planned on Thursday 27 October from 4.30pm (WST). Email [email protected] to join via MSTeams.
Applications for the program close at 6pm on Wednesday 16 November.