Earlier today the WA State Government announced the Perth and Peel region would move into restrictions from 12pm today for a minimum period of 3 days due to a community case of COVID-19.
You can read more on the WA State Government’s announcement here.
The State Government also updated the Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities (Outbreak Restrictions (Level 1) Directions this afternoon. You can read those here.
They have also updated the Outbreak Restrictions (Level 1) Directions. You can read those here.
These restrictions include:
- Mandatory mask wearing indoors, on public transport and outdoors where physical distancing is not possible.
- Aged care and disability care homes to have a maximum of four visitors per resident per day with masks mandatory for all staff and visitors.
As a result, today the following is mandatory in all Brightwater residential sites (disability and aged care) effective immediately:
- There is a maximum of four visitors per resident allowed per day. Visits for end-of-life support are outside of these visits.
- Visits will take place in a resident’s room or a common area designated for visiting and visitors must comply with the instructions of the Service Manager or Supervisor on site.
- Visitors must comply with social distancing protocols of 1.5 metres at all times where
- Masks must be worn by all staff and visitors inside and in the garden areas of our homes at all times.
- Visitors must practice good hand hygiene, including using hand sanitiser on entry and exit.
- Visitors can book a visit by phoning the home directly. You can find a list of phone numbers here. Zipline will be closed to bookings for now.
- Visitors must sign in to Zipline on entry. This includes having their temperature taken and completing a health and travel declaration.
- External excursions are discouraged for the next three days, however can be undertaken with a completed COVID-19 risk assessment done between the resident / their decision maker and a clinical team member. Please speak to your Program Lead or Service Manager about this.
We know this is hard on everyone, and we thank you for your patience as we work within the State Government’s restrictions to keep the community and those we care for safe.
Jennifer Lawrence, CEO