Local Area Coordinators (LAC) are your partners in the community. They:
- Help people understand and access the NDIS
- Work with NDIS participants to develop and use their NDIS plan
- Help connect NDIS participants to supports, services, community activities and other government services
- Will be your main point of contact for most people aged 7 and up
There are two organisations who have been appointed by the NDIA to take on the role of Local Area Coordinator 'Partners in the Community.' These organisations are Mission Australia and APM.
Click here to find an APM Local Area Coordinator.
- For children aged 0 – 6 years with a developmental delay or disability, the NDIA have appointed an Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) approach
- This approach is different to the above NDIS Pathways, which are available to those between 7 – 65 years of age
- It should be noted that many children who meet the developmental delay access criteria will receive early intervention supports and then exit the NDIS
- For more information, talk to an ECEI Coordinator. They will also help with connection to other services such as community health services, playgroups or other activities available in the area