At Brightwater, we support thousands of seniors across our aged care, home care and retirement communities.
So it goes without saying there are thousand of stories to share.
To showcase the many tales, talents and triumphs of just some of our senior clients, we embarked on a journey to capture 11 stories on film.
To do this, we put a call out to the people on the front-line who know our clients best – our care workers, nurses, allied health team, managers and coordinators.
They were full of suggestions, and after interviewing and filming 11 of our aged care, home care and retirement clients, we've now completed the first instalment of our 'Senior Stories' video series.
This 11-part video series features:
- Marjorie Charleson – an aged care resident with a horse race named in her honour.
- Brian Adamson – an aged care resident who kicked five goals in a WAFL grand final.
- Ken Howarth – a home care client with a passion for drumming.
- David Grant – an aged care resident who has painted hundreds of people in their birthday suits.
- Nelly Brandsma – a home care client who was winning rowing medals in her eighties.
- Maureen Bezuidenhout – a retirement village resident who was at the helm of a hospital.
- Penny Crittall – an aged care resident with a natural gift for storytelling.
- Ron Chandler – a home care client who inherited a one-of-a-kind gold rush era goat cart.
- Viv Paust – a retirement village resident with a talent for woodturning.
- Dulcie Lampard – a retirement village resident who wrote her mother's biography.
- Kate Ramsay – a home care client who has lived a colourful life on stage.