Premier Mark McGowan has announced a hard lockdown in Western Australia from 6pm 31 January 2021 until 6pm Friday, 5 February 2021.
You can read more from the State Government here.
This includes no visitors being allowed into aged care or disability care homes, except in end of life circumstances.
I would like to reassure you that we have strict infection prevention and control measures in place and all staff are well prepared for this scenario.
- Extra masks have been deployed to all sites, including cloth masks being made available for clients who might like to use them
- Extra PPE has been delivered to all staff, including the compulsory wearing of surgical masks whilst at work
- iPads and phones are available so you can maintain contact with our clients. Please phone your site directly to arrange this
- Strong infection control measures including hand hygiene and social distancing where possible
- Restricting staff movement across sites
- Restricting the use of agency staff, where possible
- Ensuring our staff don’t come to work if they are unwell, and ensure they are tested for COVID-19.
Our staff will continue to work hard to keep your loved ones as happy and as well as possible at this difficult time. This will include ensuring they are aware of the current situation and also helping to arrange other methods of communication with you as soon as we can.
We will continue to update you over the coming days.
Thank you for your patience and stay safe,
Jennifer Lawrence, CEO