With no further cases of community transmission, the State Government has announced the easing of restrictions in the Perth and Peel region from 1201am Saturday 8 May 2021.
There are however some restrictions that still apply in residential aged care.
Visitors to residential aged care homes
The State Government Directions for Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities (Stay at Home and Closure, (Perth Peel and Rottnest)) (No 4). have now been published.
From 1201am on Saturday 8 May 2021 a maximum of four visitors can visit a resident per day including for care and support.
Visits for end of life support to a resident may continue as previously advised.
Zipline will re-open from 9am tomorrow morning to enable you to book these visits. However, we do ask that you discuss your visit with other family and friends who wish to visit in the next week, whilst ensuring your visit complies with the Directions.
From 9am tomorrow morning (Saturday, 8 May), you will be able to book these visits via Zipline here.
All visitors are also required to:
- Wear a mask at all times when on the grounds of one of our residential aged care homes.
- Pre-book visits with the facility in designated visiting hours.
- On entry, sign in via Zipline including having your temperature taken (and test below 37.5 degrees) and complete a health and travel declaration.
- Show evidence of a current influenza vaccination or valid medical exemption (note, proof of a 2021 influenza vaccination must be uploaded by 31 May 2021).
- Comply with the instructions given by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Wash your hands or use alcohol hand sanitizer before entering and on leaving the premises.
- Comply with social distancing protocols of 1.5 metres at all times where practicable.
In order to comply with social distancing, visits must take place in a resident’s room or a designated visiting area within the home.
We know that Mother’s Day on Sunday is a special day for many people.
Our residents can leave their home and go into the community, but a new COVID risk assessment must be completed by the resident and / or their substitute decision maker with a member of our team. Please speak to a member of our staff on site to arrange this. A list of site phone numbers can be found here.