The Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is evolving daily and Brightwater continues to proactively plan to ensure the health and wellbeing of our most vulnerable clients is our top priority.
Whilst there is a lot we don’t yet know about this virus, what we do know is that it is highly infectious and can be lethal to vulnerable older people and those who are unwell or compromised. We also know that what we do now can help stop the spread of the virus.
Whilst there have been no cases of COVID-19 at any Brightwater site, the health and wellbeing of our clients is our number one priority.
As such, we have taken the decision to implement a number of further strategies effective from today, 19th March 2020:
- We are stopping all visitors to our residential homes for an initial period of four weeks. We do, however, understand that there are special circumstances that need to be considered and therefore these visits can be arranged by family members contacting their Service Manager. All visitors in this case will be screened upon arrival and anyone who has travelled or shows any signs of a flu-like illness will be refused entry.
- We are also ceasing all non-essential services including our volunteer program, inter-generational playgroups, school groups, music therapy, cafes, hairdressing services, entertainers and also ceasing all group activities on sites. We understand the enormous benefits so many of the programs we run have on our clients, however our staff are well trained to not only look after our clients physical needs but also emotional well-being and we are focused on ensuring this remains the case.
- Any client showing signs of respiratory symptoms will be isolated and closely monitored by our staff.
What are we doing to support families?
- We are setting up client Skype accounts in each house with iPads for regular contact with families.
- As Brightwater employs a number of allied health professionals directly, we are working to ensure these staff members provide a range of multidisciplinary services to our clients, so their mental health and well-being is also looked after.
- Providing opportunities for contained visits in extenuating circumstances.
For an update regarding Brightwater At Home clients, click here.
Any questions should be directed to email@example.com, including your contact number and we will ensure the most appropriate person responds to you within 24 hours.