Dear Family and Friends
Further to the Premier’s announcement of 0 cases of community transmission of COVID-19 overnight, it is wonderful news to hear that WA will fully move out of the hard lockdown (pending no new cases this afternoon/evening).
This means that, unless the new State Directions for Visitors to Residential Aged Care (pending publication) advise otherwise, from tomorrow we will be able to welcome back visitors to our residential aged care homes under the same conditions we had prior to WA’s lockdown.
- No restrictions on the number of visitors at any one time to a client, but with appropriate physical distancing measures still in place
- Visits to take place in a client’s room or in an area where physical distancing from other residents can take place
- No restrictions on the length of time a visitor can spend with a client
- Visits to be pre-booked using Zipline or by phoning the site directly (whilst we have allocated visiting hours listed in Zipline, please note we can facilitate visiting times outside of these hours for anyone who needs it, just phone your site directly to arrange)
- Visitors to check in and answer all screening questions prior to entry.
Visits can now again be booked via our online booking system, Zipline, or phoning your site directly.
I know these last few weeks have been hard on families and friends and I am thrilled we only experienced a relatively short lockdown here in WA.
I want to reassure you that, even though WA is in a good place, infection prevention and control still remains an essential protective measure for us all. Our staff and visitors are reminded to practice good hand hygiene, stay home if they are unwell and physically distance where possible.
CEO, Brightwater Care Group