News & Articles
What's not to love about a good quote?
But in a world where the word 'ageing' is often paired with 'anti', quotes that put a positive spin on the completely normal process of getting older are worth their weight in gold. Here are some of our favourites.
1. "Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been." - Jimmy Buffet
2. "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears." - John Lennon
3. "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional!" - Walt Disney
4. "Age is something that doesn't matter... unless you are a cheese!" - Billie Burke
5. "Ageing is just another word for living." - Cindy Joseph
6. "It's not how old you are. It's how you are old." - Jules Renard
7. "When we were small children, we all played dress-up and everybody had a good time. So why stop?" - Iris Apfel
8. "We are always the same age inside." - Gertrude Stein
9. "One day you will look back and see that all along you were blooming." - Morgan Harper Nichols
10. "Getting old is like climbing a mountain; you get a little out of breath, but the view is much better!" - Ingrid Bergman
11. "It matters not how long we live but how." - Philip James Bailey
12. "The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles!" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. "Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old." - Franz Kafka
14. "Age is simply the number of years the world has been enjoying you!" - Unknown
15. "It's important to have a twinkle in your wrinkle." - Unknown
16. "Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever." - Walt Disney
At Brightwater, we're all about promoting wellbeing. We provide home care, residential aged care and retirement living solutions for over 65s across Perth, Western Australia. We also support younger people with complex disabilities.