My loved one is in the palliative care stage. How can I continue to see them?
We are assessing all cases on an individual basis and visits can be facilitated in this case - with appropriate processes and precautions in place.
Please note that if an individual visit is arranged, there are a number of precautions you must take to protect your family member during the short visit:
- All visitors should wash their hands and have a temperature check upon entry
- Social distancing of 4 square metres in a designated area of the home as directed by the Service Manager
- All visits must be brief
- All visitors must have an influenza vaccine as from 1st May 2020
- Visitors that have travelled overseas or interstate in the past 14 days or have come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID 19 in the last 14 days will not be allowed to visit
- Any visitors with cold and flu symptoms will not be allowed to visit
- No children under 16 years of age are allowed to visit
- No more than 2 visitors are allowed
These precautions are recommendations from the Commonwealth Department of Health.
Please speak to your Service Manager who will assist.
Note: Advice is current at the time of publication. However, this is a situation that is changing daily, so please check back regularly for up-to-date advice.