Transitional Support

After a long time in hospital, it’s a relief to go home. But sometimes, it’s not that simple.

If you have a complex disability or an acquired neurological disability, finding suitable long-term accommodation following a hospital stay can be challenging.

Brightwater provides a live-in program in Marangaroo, helping you bridge the gap between hospital and the community. This temporary option provides the appropriate support you need while you look for permanent accommodation.

Am I eligible for transitional support?

Transitional support is often referred to as the Long Stay Younger Persons (LSYP) program.

To be eligible, you will need to be:

  • Referred by a Perth metropolitan public hospital
  • Medically stable
  • Working towards moving into long-term accommodation
  • Eligible for funding through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) or the Insurance Commission of WA (ICWA)

For more information on transitional support, call 1300 223 968.

Free NDIS tools and resources

The NDIS Toolkit helps guide individuals with disability, families and carers to get access to and plan for the NDIS. Funded by the Department of Communities Disability Services, the toolkit will help you prepare for your planning meeting by taking out all the guesswork.

Browse now

Frequently asked questions

View All FAQ’s
  • What types of disability does Brightwater specialise in?

    Brightwater supports people with complex disabilities, including neurological, cognitive, psychosocial and physical disabilities.

    We are an innovator in the area of acquired brain injury rehabilitation, and also provide specialist supported accommodation and services for people living with Parkinson's disease and Huntington's disease.

  • What funding can I access if I have a disability?

    If you meet the requirements, you may be able to access funding from the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). For more information, visit our Fees & Funding page.

  • Can I access disability services in my own home?


    We can provide NDIS and disability support services in your own home. These include therapy services, equipment and assistive technology and behavioural assessment and support.

  • What happens if I am not eligible for the NDIS?

    If you are not eligible for NDIS funding, you may be able to access funding from other sources or self-fund your services.

    Give us a call on 1300 223 968 to discuss your options.