1. Have you or anyone else in your house been required to self-isolate?
2. Have you or anyone else in your house travelled overseas or interstate or hotspot areas in the past 14 days?
3. Are you or anyone else in your house currently unwell with any of the following symptoms?
- Fever/Chills/Shakes or
- Sore Throat or
- Cough or
- Headache or
- Runny Nose/Blocked nose or
- New shortness of Breath or
- Muscle aches or
- Loss of smell
- Vomiting or diarrhoea
4. Have you or anyone else in your house, in the last 14 days, had contact with any person who is a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or awaiting a COVID-19 swab result (PCR or RAT)?
If the client answers ‘YES’, seek advice from the scheduler to determine:
- How to proceed with the client visit
- Appropriate advice regarding the management of the client’s current needs
- COVID infection control procedures
If the client answers ‘NO’ to all questions, then the home visit can proceed with the staff person following all infection control principles including wearing of mask and adhering to social distancing principles where possible during the visit.
If, during the course of the home visit, it is determined that the client or household member should have answered ‘YES’ to any of the screening questions, the staff member is advised to end the visit as soon as practical and report into the scheduler regarding next steps.